Some very basic thoughts to Windows Azure...
Windows Azure is
- SAAS - Software in cloud - i. e. Office 365
- PAAS - Platform in cloud - for developer Application
- IAAS - Infrastructure as a service - AD, DNS, IIS, ...
Considerations must be made of the sync. Dirsync.exe can be used to sync the local environment with Azure and copy user, groups and passwords. But you should prefer to establish a real real DC in Azure and do regulary synchronisation. Your local environment will be connected to Azure via VPN.
- Set up Azzure Account
- Configure Network
- Add VMS
- Configure sites
- Use DHCP (Azure has very long lease-times)
- Add VMS (DC, DNS - point to corporate DNS - take care to use non cached Disk for NTDS)